It might look like I’ve been deliberately obtuse about the eye-fish thing…
What can I say, they appear in groups of three, and so far 2 of the 3 weeks of this new year’s book have hosted a set.
Yeh, really, they aren’t eyes, they aren’t fish. Eyes and fish are quite different things, and tbh, this one looks like it’s sprouted backward facing legs with which to march, tail first into the unknown.
But that’s just my drawing style – everything piled up on each other style. It’s really a trick of perspective. The eye-fish is, in actuality, some way off in the distance, and hugely bigger than the foreground scribbley yogini attempting to master Warrior 1 pose.
But if you know me at all, you’ll know, it’s not in my nature to be cryptic. So this is as baffling to me as it is to you.
Here are the facts as I understand them to be:
- I draw what arrives in my head when I stop thinking.
- Eye shape and fish shape are largely interchangable to me.
- I think that thinking about the word Focus has had a bearing on my subconcious. (This doesn’t account for the fish)
- They hang out in threes, cos having drawn the traditional arrangement of two, I have to (recent compulsion) add a third. I’ve been getting a lot of dreams involving third eyes (more on that another time).
- The third eye is a thing. I didn’t make this up. It’s just not a literal viewing hole in the face (mostly anyhow)
So there we are, more info and less sense. It’s all a big brain-dump. Making sense is an improbable ask.