Week 7 turned out to be a wordy week. And full of stuff : New (super) Moon, Valentines, I hit my weight lifting target that I set at the start of the year…. All in all, a week of giddying goodness. And…..
My Birthday, which involved coffee, cake and kitties at Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium in Bethnal Green. I am soppy in the extreme about cats and since my home has been empty of furry friends for a few years now… you can imagine this was like the ultimate in birthday fun for me!
When I saw this list I knew right away it had a place in the book of 2015 : these are the things that matter to me:
To Be An Explorer of the World:
- Always be looking (notice the ground beneath your feet)
- Consider Everything alive & animate
- Everything is interesting – look closer
- Observe for long durations and short ones
- Alter your course often
- Notice the stories going on around you
- Notice patterns: Make Connections
- Document your findings (field notes) in a variety of ways
- Incorporate interdeterminancy
- Observe movement
- Create a personal dialogue with your environment: Talk to it
- Trace all things back to their origins
- Use all of the senses in your investigations.
It sits neatly alongside the list of new moon intentions (which tbh are not much different from the last few intention lists. Basic stuff I’m trying hard to hammer home in the subconscious).
I guess it’s fitting that my love of words and lists is really prominent this week! These things that bobbed up on my horizon this week (would love to credit where they came from, but only there long enough to scribble down before getting buried in a million tangential thoughts and surfs and immediately-pressing-need-to-knows that the www sends my way.) The second one is more mantra/affirmationy:
I’m neither doomed nor completely free
But I’m creating my future with every word, every action, every thought.
I find myself in a very dynamic situation with unimaginable potential,
I have all the support I need to simply relax and be with the transitional, in process quality of my life. I have all I need to engage in the process of awakening.
Thank you to whoever put those words together and sent them into the internet ether. I get where you’re coming from and I wish you happy adventures.
So that was last week… a scattering of butterflies (more next week – new project I’m about to launch into later today), and again with the eyefish. What’s with the eyefish? Srsly?! X