I have to impose strict ‘signing up to’ rules on myself, before I skit off in a giddy rush, happily clicking on any promise of more color and fun and artsy inspiration in my life… but resources and time are finite, right?
So I don’t expect any different from you.
But here’s the thing, guys, I don’t want you to miss out on TWELVTY 2018. I’m not sure if I’ll run TWELVTY next year, it takes all year and whole load of prepping for, so this could be a now or never moment!
Here are 12 reasons why this is a chance you don’t want to miss:
- We focus on a single color over three weeks, and we explore all the aspects of this color – so you have a wealth of content and information to choose from, but you’re not obliged in any way to ‘do it all’! You take the parts that interest you, and the rest you can leave, for another time, or just leave them!
- Unlike other creative courses, you don’t get specific assignments; instead you get a framework and guides to use in your usual creative projects, so you can integrate what we explore in TWELVTY into your usual creative practice.
- I ran TWELVTY for the first time last year, and over half of last years group have rejoined for a second trip around the color wheel!
- This year it’s way more polished, I’ve tweaked the format and got two creative projects lined up that will run all through the year that I encourage you join in as well.
- I reduced the price from last year! – even though the previous group all said it was great value, I don’t want anyone to miss out because of the cost. It’s just £97 for the full year, with an option to pay in 3 instalments. Just click here!
- We’re a small group, so your voice will be heard. You can feel totally cool with sharing photos of what you find and make, and you can feel totally cool if you prefer to watch and learn from the sidelines. There’s no pressure.
- The time commitment is flexible: I send you the content at the start of each color segment, and share my process in the creative project the following week. It’s your’s to go through in your own time. If you have 2-3 hours a week you could easily fit TWELVTY into your schedule!
- We have a private Facebook group, so if social media is your jam then you can use this platform to get to know artists and creative folk from around the world. I’ve made some of my best friends through groups like this.
- You’ll build on the knowledge you already have about color, its use, symbolism and its history, and develop a collection of resources that you can keep forever, and keep coming back to.
- There’s no better way to hone a craft or creative skill than to restrict the color you use. It stretches the imagination way beyond it’s usual edges!
- TWELVTY is what you make it, but it’s much more than just color! We explore connections and develop a deeper understanding of our creative process as we go. (This is my third time of a year long color project: I’m still learning, and I enjoy it more every time.)
- Actively noticing the color around us hones our focus. The world is so busy, the days and weeks and months slip by. This is a way to slow down the pace and properly see the beauty that is everywhere when we learn how to see it.
So guys – we begin the introduction on Monday!
Are you in?
Meanwhile, you can always keep up with my colorful antics by signing up to my newsletter. It’s monthly right now, but I’m switching that up to weekly next month.