I love The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, he describes essentially what Buddhism describes: live in the moment, because very simply, that’s all there is.
Today I was thinking about the Power of Yet.
As my thinking shifts from the very rigid what I can do VS what I can’t do – a third option has opened up: what I can’t do yet.
I was looking at the weights in the gym this morning. I’m progressing steadily and loving it. Even the aches. I’ve even embraced the aches. The far bigger part of the battle, more than toughening up the meat of my body, is toughening up the silly little girl whose voice is so pitiful inside my head. (I’m winning her round too). I realised today, what I previously wrote off as impossible, I’m now coming to consider as just not yet. Later. All in good time.
It’s a good feeling.
Big thank you to lovely blogger Not just a Mummy for the nomination. Here’s the deal:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image on your blog
- Tell 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award
- I’m fascinated by science, metaphysics and spirituality; I beleive in the power of positive thinking
- I passed my driving test first time, aged 29.
- I’m an avid recycler/upcycler. I will eke every last bit of use and goodness out of pretty much anything. I actually shudder a little at the word ‘disposable’
- I have an 18 yr old cat named ‘The Woozle’. She’s creaky and grumbles a LOT, but I love her all the same
- I’m hoping to go back to school in september to begin a degree in fine art
- Almost all my socks are stripey. There’s something about stripey socks makes me happy.
- Curiouser and curiouser, Alice in Wonderland is my fictional alter ego. (Well, one of them)
Srsly? I’d love to, but I’m still a bit new here and haven’t met as many blogs as I’d like. 15? Holy Shmoly! Gonna skip this part for a while, but as I find new blogs of great loveliness I promise I’ll let you know. Deal? Cool! 🙂